In using this site, you accept the use of all and any cookies used on the site, with no recourse to EllaMarchment.org whatsoever.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by a website on a user’s computer or mobile device. Only that server can retrieve or read the contents of that cookie.
Each cookie contains anonymous information, such as the site name, that is unique to the user’s web browser.
Cookies usually fall into four categories:
- Essential – which are needed for the basic operation of the website.
- Functional – which remember user preferences.
- Performance – which analyse website usage and performance.
- Targeted – which serve advertisements that are relevant to the user and the page content.
Our cookies are designed to give you access to the site in line with the points listed above.
Embedded material from sites such as YouTube, linking services from social-networking sites such as Twitter, and functional and analytical tools from sites such as WordPress may include cookies generated by those websites. We do not control such cookies, and you should check the relevant websites for more information.
Don’t want cookies?
Blocking and/or deleting cookies can inhibit website access and functionality.
Technical information about cookies is available online from sites such as Wikipedia. We are not responsible for the content or veracity of such sites and any link provided by us is not an endorsement of the site linked to.
Introduction and General Terms
We are committed to safeguarding personal information. We are legally bound to comply with the laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our website has hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the content or privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
When users participate in any of our services, activities or online content, we may receive personal information. This may consist of information such as a user name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity.
By submitting details, users enable us (and where applicable our contractors) to provide the services, activities or online content selected.
We use personal information for a number of purposes:
- to provide services, activities or online content and to deal with requests and enquiries
- to contact users about submissions they make, including any content they provide
- to provide users with information about our services, activities or online content
- to personalise the way our content is presented to users
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive users, and to establish the number of visits from different countries
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our website
We may contact users:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to the user
- in relation to any correspondence we receive or any comment or complaint made about our products or services
- in relation to any contribution submitted to us
We keep information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law, for example, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
If users post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content, we may use personal information to block such behaviour.
If users are aged 16 or under, they must get the permission of a parent/guardian before providing any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Information time span
We hold personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract users hold with us.
Where users contribute material, it will generally be kept for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose for which it was submitted.
Under the Data Protection Act, users have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £50 (plus VAT) for information requests and require users to prove their identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information on our files.
Data Protection Officer, DPO@EllaMarchment.org
This policy was last updated on 06 February 2017.
- This web site and its contents are the copyright of EllaMarchment.org.
- All rights reserved.
- No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electrical, mechanical, photo-copying, recording or otherwise, without prior written permission of EllaMarchment.org.
- The ideas or opinions in this publication are not necessarily those of EllaMarchment.org and EllaMarchment.org accepts no responsibility for the information given.
- While every care has been taken preparing this site, EllaMarchment.org cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information herein, or any consequence arising from it.
- Content in this site does not constitute an endorsement by EllaMarchment.org of any organisation, body or individual.
- This site contains links to other sites. These links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such sites has been endorsed or approved by EllaMarchment.org.
- The site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- EllaMarchment.org does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the content in this site.
- Information provided in this site is provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from infringement.
- The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this site.
- This site is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- (c) EllaMarchment.org 2016 et seq