- Winner of the National Opera Association (NOA) 2022–2023 Opera Production Award
- Director Ella Marchment
- Choreographer Lindsay Browning
- Conductor Wei-Han Wu
- Lighting Designer Oak Neelq
- Composer Philip Glass
- Librettist Allen Ginsberg
- Company Shenandoah Conservatory
- Theatre Shingleton Blackbox Theater, Winchester, USA
- Cast and creatives Digital programme
- Date November 2022
Hydrogen Jukebox (1990) is a compelling and provocative chamber opera. Named for and inspired by Ginsberg’s 1955 poem Howl, Hydrogen Jukebox is a melodrama that creates a portrait of the sensory overload and upheaval of America from the 1950s through the 1980s — covering the end of World War II through the thick of the Cold War.
Synopsis by Shenandoah Conservatory.
All photos (C) Lindsay Browning