- Director, Ella Marchment
- UK premiere of Mark Adamo’s Little Women, based on the novel written by Louisa May Alcott
- Opera Holland Park, London, UK
- July / August 2022
- Opera Holland Park
- Awaiting Photos
- All photos (C) Opera Holland Park
Opera Holland Park
Podcasts From the Producer’s Office
1. In conversation with Ella Marchment, the director of the UK premiere of Little Women
- Thomas Atkins – Lensky, Eugene Onegin
- Kezia Bienek – Carmen, Carmen
- Ella Marchment – Director, Little Women
- Themba Mvula – Le Dancaïre, Carmen; Boatswain, HMS Pinafore
- Anne Sophie Duprels – Margot, Margot la Rouge; Anna, Le Villi
The interviewees talk about the excitement of being reunited with their OHP family, the pressures of singing iconic roles, and why it’s so important to have a woman direct Carmen in 2022.
2. In conversation with the March sisters from our upcoming production of Little Women
In this episode of From the Producer’s Office, CEO and Director of Opera James Clutton is joined by the March sisters from Opera Holland Park’s upcoming production of Little Women.
The ‘sisters’ talk about their relationships with Louisa May Alcott’s classic novel, the many previous adaptations of the book, and introducing audiences to a contemporary work that they might not have heard before.
3. In conversation with Little Women composer Mark Adamo
Mark Adamo’s opera Little Women will be making its UK premiere during the OHP 2022 Season. In this episode of From the Producer’s Office, CEO and Director of Opera James Clutton talks to Mark about how he became a composer and librettist, the process of adapting this beloved novel into opera form, Little Women’s original premiere starring Joyce DiDonato, and the preparations for the UK premiere this summer.