The Bear Goes Walkabout
- A triple-bill touring production
- Directed by Ella Marchment
- The Bear composed by William Walton
- Red As Blood composed by Joel Rust
- Bare composed by Philip Ashworth
- Rose Theatre, Kingston, London; Sage Gateshead, Newcastle; Edinburgh Festival Fringe; St Cyprian’s Church, Central London
- Helios Collective and Melos Sinfonia
Fringe Opera ★★★★★
The artistic directors Oliver Zeffman and Ella Marchment are both in their early twenties, and the production was a remarkable achievement.
– Fringe Opera
Broadway Baby ★★★★★
Events like The Bear Goes Walkabout are premonitions of the future of British classical music.
Ella Marchment’s Helios Collective is something to be excited about: our music is in their hands.
Ella Marchment’s direction is subtle but accomplished and creative.
– Broadway Baby